Day One - or Beginning the Journey

 Again, following my typical tendencies, I was ready to postpone the trip.  It was raining, my knee was acting up, my fingers hurt, and during the night I had dreams that I packed the wrong clothes..  (It is never easy being me.)  I made myself just start moving and was out of the house by 9:10am. 

I switched my trip tracker to B, so I will know how many miles I actually get in.  I did some chanting and then took time to listen to the Highway.  I reached the Indiana border at 10:42am but was amazed/reminded that highways in IN are not like those in MI.  Seems like you are on a two lane road with speed limits at 50 or 60 and very few places to pull over and take a break.  

I finally decided to stop in Peru, IN since I remember hearing about that town from Mark ? who I worked with at JnJ.  It is circus town Indiana, but I more or less felt that it was just a small town like we have in Michigan.  Old buildings,  small businesses, local support etc.  At least I got out of the car.  Refilled the tank and stayed on the path.  Gas was at $4.19 so i guess that is a good thing.

The overall drive was gruesome with the rain, it let up for about 1 hour and then started again.  I think the rain was what encouraged me to NOT get a hotel downtown, since I could not do the things I wanted. (And of course they were another $100 extra,) So, i ended up stopping short of the city, I think it might have been Zionsville- and will go tomorrow to the things I want to do in town.....and fortunately / interestingly I saw an ad for a dinner theater and made reservations to go there tonight.  The play is Hello Dolly and I will be at center stage.  :-)

I guess the good news is that I am an out of towner, so do not have to impress anyone.  I am giving up the 'tennis shoes" for flats.........but other than that, what they see is what they'll get.  

On another note............I am still trying to figure out how to keep current in this blog.  For whatever reason, I can't figure out how to download and/or send pictures.  Maybe another day.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Day is a New Story

Where are you From Game

Overthinking or UnderFeeling