"Honey, I'm Home"

 I have no idea why I shout out "Honey, I'm home" when I go places.  Typically it is when I go to Sally and Jerrys, and here I was actually saying it yesterday when I drove in the driveway.  And I actually was glad to get home.  I was 10 hours in the car, albeit some of that was sitting in traffic jams due to road work and accidents.  I think there were 3 accidents along I-55 and all had emergency vehicles there.  At one of the slowed traffic spots it took 55 minutes to go 5 miles.  There was a semi turned and flipped and a couple of other vehicles.  Needless to say, I was extra careful and observant.  No looking at the map wondering if I should stop or go somewhere.  I decided to just trudge it out and get home.  While I thought a night in Chicago might be nice, I think I was ready for some normalness.  As normal as my mess is right now.

I left St. Louis and was able to have a great phone call with Marilyn.  She is someone I do miss hanging with and feeling her positive energy.  She always has good things to add about the conditions of the world and the small things we can do.  I was telling her about feeling blessed on the trip and she reminded me of the daily gratitude's.  I have to get back to those.  Lots of other good feelings when I talk to her.  Plans for June and August.  Maybe a trip to Seattle in July.  

While I was talking to Marilyn and/or  stalled in moving, I did have some 'recognitions'.  One, I am tired of being alone so much.  I need to find something.  Marilyn laughed when I told her I was buying wine on the trip at Walgreens and said that I should get job there.  The discounts are fabulous she said.  Might have to consider.

The other thing I recognized is that I don't enjoy going out to dinner by myself anymore.  I used to do all the time in Chicago, did on my other two trips alone, but for some reason I didn't this time and don't at home.  

My route home took me through the backroads in Indiana and Michigan.  Not sure how that happened since I thought I was taking I-55 to I-94 to I-196.  Could have been all the detours since the road work was beyond crazy.  Guess May is not the best time to travel around cities.  Must be the budgets start then and the states have money.  :-)

The one road in Michigan that I have never drove on was the Red Arrow Highway.  There was a Michigan Wine Tour road sign and I also saw lots of breweries.  May have to find someone to go with to do the Wine tour.

I saw lots of train cars along the side of the roads too and realized that I like the graffiti on them.  I know it is technically destruction of property, but I also feel it is some type of urban art.  

Todays drive took me through 4 states in one day, when I think I have spend 3 days in one state this past week.  Time and good to be home.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Day is a New Story

Where are you From Game

Overthinking or UnderFeeling