Overthinking or UnderFeeling

 Another day of taking it slow.  While driving I was 1-2 mph under or over the speed limit.  There really was not that much to see, but the beautiful earth.  I was able to enjoy the moment I crossed into Kentucky and then the moment i crossed into Tennessee.  Not sure why those were just a moment.  :-)

 I had packed some peanut butter singles, carrots and celery and had that for the second day in a row.  Not sure why I just don't stop and get some food in a restaurant.  

Decided on the way down that I was just going to stay downtown Nashville.  While I have visited it in the past at the CMA Festival, we did not hang out on lower Broadway or do the museums.  I decided I should and the cost of the hotel should not be the factor.  Had I thought more about it, I should have stayed a bit our of town and ubered in.....Oh well.

I did enjoy the Museum and learned about Johnny Cash that I did not know.  I remember as a kid that my dad liked him while my mom liked Perry Como.  I think I would have been a Johnny fan.  He not only sang but was in movies also.  Set the stage for other musicians and actors.

I also enjoyed Broadway.  I was soooooooo crowded and you saw so many groups having fun.  Trolley rides and beer paddling groups.  I now have an better appreciation for all of the various fans that show up on the Highway Happy Hour which I listen to on Fridays.  I also appreciate why my friends who live here do not want to hang out downtown.  

I did go to see where the happy hour takes place and got the T-Shirt.  Went to Ole Reds, but Blake was not there.  Great live music and lots of women partying on the floor dancing.   Ended up at Whiskey Bent bar where I enjoyed the live music and also was able to see the basketball game.  Best of both worlds over a few beers.  And the staff were great.  

What I did discover is how political things impact me.  First there were some people with Let's Go Brandon stickers and were out dancing.  Soon the singer started saying it.  I ignored it for awhile.  Then, some guy started talking to me and said he lived a few blocks away.  This is his bar and he get's free beer.  He had a T-shirt on and I asked him what it meant, and he told me it meant Fuck your Opinions.  I think I rolled my eyes and then he told me he punched a guy that had a Black Lives Matter T-shirt on.  I must have told him through my body language that I didn't think it was admirable, so shortly after he went outside to smoke and did not return  (victory)  By then the next time the singer mentioned Brandon, I said " don't think so", out loud but in a normal voice.  The guy in the young couple next to me at the bar said, "well he stole the election".  Needless to say I said no more and left after a bit.  Did get a nice goodbye from the staff.  (Katie and Dillon)

l walked more down Broadway.  Went to see Nissan Stadium during the daylight, saw tons of fun people,  Good place to people watch.

After a bit, decided I might as well finish my night as I typically do.  Read and fell asleep.  :-)

I think today is going to be the drive to Memphis day.  Part of me is wondering why I am so willing to call it an early night, am I getting too old to enjoy some things, am I getting more paranoid about strangers, am I still just in a depressed state and can't get out?  

While I am enjoying the trip and part of me wants to just drive and get those two states over with, the other part of me says to make it an adventure.  I think we just take turns winning.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Day is a New Story

Where are you From Game