Slowing Down Does Have Some Advamtages

 I had a good day yesterday.  So good that I decided to just enjoy it and not worry too much on capturing it.  

The drive itself was interesting.  Road work for at least a 30 mile stretch and then it started all over again.  State roads and I69.  Fun.

Along the was I saw some things that I might not have noticed if we were driving faster.  There was a "she shed" or kids play shed make out of stones.  Reminded me of the houses in Charlevoix that I loved.  Maybe one of the kids could build for me.  :-)  I also saw a place that did battle reenactments.  There were wood building, some kind of blocks to stand behind, etc.  Hadn't thought about where all those Civil war crazy people go to act out their fantasies.  There are also some of the walls along the roads that were made out of rock.  Quite a beautiful part of nature.  

Road 252 in Indiana is one of the curviest roads I have driving recently.  There were fancy house and shacks interspersed.  But what I really found sad was the number of white crosses along both sides.  

For my first stop of the day I went to Byron State Park near Nashville IN.  It was beautiful.  I chose to do a 2.25 hike that said it was moderate.  The dang thing nearly kicked my butt.  Had to stop several times on the way to catch my breath and cool down.  

From there I went into the cute town of Nashville IN that is noted as a artist community.  It was fun to walk through.  I would recommend it as a destination to some.  

After leaving Nashville I headed to Evansville IN and the route took me through Bloomington.  I had never seen the IU campus, so it was good.  I saw the football stadium, many IU logos on things.  

Stopped in Evansville for the evening.  I was exhausted early.  Grabbed some food and wine and went to the hotel to crash early and watch B-ball.  I was glad the  Warriors won, but hate the tension of the players.  Where is the fun.

Not sure if the game was what changed it, or just that I had thought about it before I left home, but I am going to go the Nashville TN today.  Less of a drive and I can probably get to hear some life music.  

I'll let you know later if that was a good decision or not.  :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Day is a New Story

Where are you From Game

Overthinking or UnderFeeling