Damn Girl - You do You

 If I needed an excuse to talk myself out of doing this........I had plenty of them today.   Was basically nauseous all day, popped Rolaids constantly, packed and tried to be prepared for the warmer weather that is predicted and realize I have few summerish clothes, my knee felt like it was going out again, tried to facetime with the kids to say "goodbye" and those calls were a bit odd.  (Poor Connor has a broken collarbone, Kellan was gone and Skylar was busy but I did get to see her toothless smile.  At the TC Johnston's it was just Elise and I had even asked if I could talk to the parents, but no luck  However I did learn how to use emogis while I am facetiming.)    

Obviously my going on the trip is a bigger deal to me.  While I was hoping for a grand send off, I got a "keep in touch".  And yes, this fits with my "I'm still standing" mode.  I  am moving on.........

My notes to my friends telling them I was doing this was met with much more enthusiasm.  Encouraging, wishes for a good time, cant wait to hear about it, etc.  Funny how we - no ME - put too much thought into what my kids are thinking and really I should put my focus on friends.  

I still have to pack makeup and hair stuff........and part of me says just go "au natural".  But I personally feel better with some mascara and lipstick.  

I have tried to make an agenda, and everytime I do I just get overwhelmed or bored.  Not sure what it is, but I just shut down.  So, I am going to hit the road....drive in a direction that will eventually take me to the states on the bucket list......and try enjoying the moment, the miles, the music, the magic of being on the trip  Damn girl........you do you.  


I'm Still Standing Lyrics

Don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever did
Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
I'm still standing after all this time
Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind
I'm still standing (Yeah, yeah, yeah)
I'm still standing (Yeah, yeah, yeah)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Day is a New Story

Where are you From Game

Overthinking or UnderFeeling